Is rhinoplasty (nose reshaping) safe?
urgeries are complex procedures so each one has its own risks. But when it comes to Rhinoplasty, the risks are rare and small.
Since no surgery comes without any risks associated with it, being familiar with its complications is important if you are considering having a rhinoplasty.
Your surgeon will discuss the potential risks associated with you prior to your surgery.
Although the changes created are entirely small during the procedure, Rhinoplasty is a complex and challenging surgical procedure. This is why you must choose your surgeon carefully and wisely. Choosing an inexperienced surgeon can put you at risks like permanent scar or deformity if the surgery went wrong. So it is important you do consider a highly experienced and expert surgeon to reduce the chances of complications.
If you have any queries, questions or anything that is required to be asked, make sure you discuss all with your doctor before the procedure.
For proper recovery, it is essential you take all the precautions advised by your doctor. So follow your doctor’s instructions religiously. Before including anything in your schedule, be sure you make it known to your doctor. It is advised not to add anything in your schedule to which your doctor is not aware.
Here are some general tips for a week for a Rhinoplasty surgery:
- Don’t keep your head down when you are sleeping and keep your head facing to ceiling. Sleeping on your back is best for the surgery.
- Don’t do any exercise or at least avoid it for 2 weeks.
- Take a healthy diet.
- Try to stay indoors.
- Take all medications told by your doctor.
- Don’t lean forward with your head down
- Walk as slowly as you can.
- Don’t take any supplements without a doctor’s prescription.
- If you have any question about a certain activity, ask your doctor
- Refrain from alcohol and smoking as it can have a bad impact on the treatment.