Important things to know before undergoing rhinoplasty!
We live in a world of customization where everything from furniture to jewelry, gadgets, homes, and cars can be made as per your needs and preferences. The good news is that if you’re not happy with the shape of your facial or bodily features, you can get them enhanced. Well, that’s something interesting!
Cosmetic surgeries are like a blessing for people who are unhappy or not confident about the way they look. However, some of the procedures are performed to correct medical issues, so cosmetology improves both your appearance and medical conditions.
If you don’t like the way your nose looks or have breathing difficulty, you can get it fixed with rhinoplasty. Also known as a nose job, rhinoplasty has been becoming one of the most popular cosmetic procedures for various good reasons.
Before you start searching for the best cosmetologist offering rhinoplasty in NYC, here are a few important things you need to know about rhinoplasty.
What to expect during rhinoplasty consultancy?
If you want to start your rhinoplasty journey on the right track, then having a successful consultation is a must. Consultation is the first, important step that will help you choose the right rhinoplasty surgeon and you can discuss your goals and expectations after the surgery. When you visit your rhinoplasty surgeon for consultancy, make sure you clear all your doubts about the surgery. You should discuss:
- Your goals both breathing and appearance after the surgery
- Don’t forget to tell your surgeon about any ongoing medical conditions, drug allergies, and past surgeries
- Do mention medications, supplements, and vitamins, if you are taking any
- It’s good to ask your doctor about any lifestyle and eating changes needed during the recovery period after the surgery
- Lastly, never miss out to ask about associated risks and complications
Consultation is the time to clear all the doubts about the procedure with your surgeon so that you can prepare your checklist accordingly.
What are the benefits of rhinoplasty?
Each year, thousands of people undergo rhinoplasty for aesthetic as well as functional problems. However, the benefits of rhinoplasty are not limited to just enhancing the appearance and function of the nose. There is more. The following are the benefits of rhinoplasty.
- Fix breathing issue - People who are living long-term or congenital breathing issues can experience great relief with rhinoplasty.
- Improved confidence - Well, this is the most common reason people choose to undergo rhinoplasty. This procedure can improve the shape of the nose, which eliminated the years of low self-esteem caused by an ill-shaped nose.
- Resolve a number of problems related to nose - From snoring to a broken nose, sinus problems, and birth defects, all these problems can be resolved with rhinoplasty.
Is rhinoplasty right for you?
Well, the decision to undergo rhinoplasty is entirely personal, which usually depends on the dissatisfaction about the way your nose looks. You’re the right candidate for rhinoplasty if you have:
- A wide nose
- A crooked septum
- A broken nose
- Sinus problem
- An asymmetric or overly projecting nasal tip
- A birth defect
- Breathing issue
The final thought
Considering the complications involved in performing a rhinoplasty, it is recommended to choose an experienced and board-certified surgeon offering rhinoplasty in NY. Besides the choice of your rhinoplasty surgeon, the care you take during the recovery period can greatly impact the success of your nose surgery. Therefore, make sure you religiously follow your doctor’s instructions after the surgery to ensure a smooth and healthy recovery.