How to Build a Streamlined Super App like Gojek?
Super apps have become the ultimate choice of the users. People are in favor of an all-inclusive application that provides multiple services from a single platform. The evolution of super apps took place when more users started having access to smartphones. Today, users have a never-ending demand; they want everything straight away without delay. For customers like those, the super app is a wonderful platform.
What is a Super App?
An application that encompasses a multitude of services to fulfill users' needs is known as Super App. The services may range from providing ride services, payment transfer, food delivery, salon services, etc. This type of application has created a huge impact on several industry verticals. It has transformed the whole scenario of on-demand apps where it hooks the attention of users so that they don't quit the application.
Popular Super Apps
Gojek: An Indonesian-based multi-service platform that started as a basic bike rider app, has now become one of the fastest-growing unicorn companies. It provides a variety of services like GO-MART, GO-LIFE, GO-PAY, GO-FOOD, GO-CLEAN, etc. We will discuss all these services in detail as we proceed further.
WeChat: It's a Chinese instant messaging application that offers multiple utilities like movie booking, shopping, and cab booking on a unique platform. It handles every operation smoothly, and there is absolutely no need to download different applications.
Yandex Go: It's an European super application that offers on-demand delivery and transportation services. The user can request rides as well as order their delicious food. The Yandex Go taxis have superb speed as they arrive in just less than 5 minutes. Along with that, the delivery of any grocery items takes 15 minutes, any important documents nearly around 20 minutes, and food from restaurants within half an hour.
- Around 29.2 million active users are from Indonesia
- There are about 38 million Gojek users across Southeast Asia
- Upto March 2021, the total downloads worldwide have been 190 million
- There are approx. 4 million applications that are listed on the google play store
- AS of 2019, it had 2 million drivers
- Reasons Behind Developing a Gojek-like Application
Super Apps have become the talk of the town these days. Every company wants to build an app like Gojek that serves multiple purposes. Without a doubt, it has become the most thriving business. There are several reasons that have fascinated the users to develop Gojek-like applications. Some of them are mentioned below;
- It allows the entrepreneurs to boost the scalability feature. The services can be extended very swiftly; one can start by adding a few and then, during the process, keep on multiplying the services
- The essential thing is that it reduces the load of developing new applications for every application. It helps in gathering numerous ideas into one app
- The time taken to complete a task is specifically lower. This means that it works with greater capability
- Due to the varied services offered, there are chances to see positive growth in the revenue earned. The user engagement level gets spiked up constantly
- Apart from these wonderful features, the Gojek application provides splendid discounts and deals. This entices the customers and compels them to download the app
- This application has a very smooth and bilateral graphical user interface and advanced payment methods for seamless functioning
Related Article: Gojek Clone App Development
Topmost Gojek on Demand Services
Step by Step Guide to Develop Super App Like Gojek
Select a platform
In this case, the website is built in a way that is completely optimized for mobile. It is the one that is hosted on the web and accessed on the device through a browser.
Native app: These applications utilize any one of platforms like iOS, Android, and Windows. They use their own development tools and programming languages. They have a better UI/UX design as compared to web apps.
This is also known as a cross-platform app where an exclusive application is created on HTML5 and then further made effective for various platforms. These applications are installed from the app stores in the same way as native apps.
Choose the Features
For successful Gojek app development, there are certain features that should be incorporated into the app. Have a look at some of them below;
Multi Linguistic Support
Multiple languages should be added to the platform that gives an opportunity to the users to select the desired language. This is a very impressive technique to involve and embrace a large section of the audience.
GPS(Global Positioning System)
This attribute initiates to track down the service providers and get updated about their live location
Social Media Integration
It helps a lot to not make the registration process cumbersome. The users are enabled to sign up through their personal social media IDs. This gives them a very convenient and easy way to create their account on the platform. After creating the account, they can make use of that social media channel and log in successfully.
Send Push Notification
Using the Push notification feature, service providers will be able to send notifications to users regarding updates, such as orders received, order dispatch, orders about to arrive, and more
This option helps the users in scheduling their bookings in advance in case of urgency.
Payment Gateway Inclusion
The feature of inculcating the payment gateways in the application helps the users to pay in an online format. This could be through plastic cards, mobile wallets, scanning options, etc. This minimizes the demand for cash or cheque.
The amalgamation of numerous technologies contributes to a strong platform. For the effortless working of operations, an adequate tech stack is very important. The tech stack involves Bootstrap, Crashlytics, New Relic, Nginx, Select2, Realm, HTML5, etc. The languages it encompasses are Java, Swift, JRuby, Golang, etc. The other tools include Google Fit SDK, Google Tag Manager, Google Wallet, Square, Mandrill, MailChimp, etc.
Designing and Development
When the above things are met, such as features, platform, tech stack, etc., then comes the designing and development part. The interface needs to be interactive for the uninterrupted navigational flow. This can be made by using wireframes that are basically the framework of the application. It will help in having a glance at the super app before commencing the backend process.It includes pop-ups,logo,header,share buttons, navigation systems,body content etc.
On the completion of the development process, it's time to make the app live. But prior to that, it should be made sure that the app is bug-free. That's why alpha testing is performed that verifies the performance of the app. It is then followed by beta testing, where access to the app is given to the actual users. It is the last phase of the SDLC process where the end-users check and use all its characteristics and functionality. After the proper testing method, the application is all set to be launched to the actual users.
Benefits of Super App Like Gojek
The benefits of this super app can be classified for both customers as well as business points of view. Here we go!
From the Customer's Point of View
- Makes their life easier by offering several services on the same platform.No wastage of time downloading multiple applications
- Possess call hiding attribute for the security purposes
- Provides information about the solution providers in order to be updated with the utility service
- Promotes communication in numerous languages
From Businesses Point of View
- Transforming their business into a successful brand
- Engaging the customers and garnering their attention towards the app. This can be done by taking feedback and reviews in stride and working towards bettering it
- Keeping users updated about their services and henceforth building customer loyalty
Cost of Developing an App Like Gojek
The cost of developing an app like Gojek depends on a lot of factors. There is not any specific or constant price, but we can give an estimated cost that ranges from $15K to $80K.This range is based on the platform used, features offered, UI/UX design and time required for solving complexities, etc. If you are interested in developing an app like Gojek, then we at Suffescom provide a full-fledged Gojek clone script.
As you have got a detailed understanding of the Gojek app, now is the time to take one step forward in creating it and earn big bucks. Right from its features, benefits, its development process, and knowing the proper usage of technology stacks to build an application. If you are thinking of getting a top-class app like Gojek for your business, then consult the finest app development company. At Suffescom, we have an experienced team of mobile app developers that will guide you in developing a customizable Pre-built Super App With Add-on Features.